Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Salt is good for you

Matt 5:13
You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing than to be thrown out and trampled by men.

In a word study I found that this verse means the following:

"Salt"=Prudence

"Loses its Flavor"=to make as a simpleton, to become a fool, make foolish, lose savor

(I found these meanings in the Strongs Interlinear Dictionary on PC Study Bible)

We need to walk with prudence and integrity and be wise in our every step in this world. Many eyes are watching and waiting to see us falter in the ways of the Kingdom. Let's be careful not to act foolishly. Let's watch what we say. Let's be mature. Let's not lose our flavor.

1 comment:

  1. I came by because your husband told me he forwarded to you one of my (non)poems because you like coffee a lot. I am always happy to meet fellow Christians who enjoy a cup of joe. :)

    ReplyDelete